Looking Toward Fall
While we are still accepting late applications for Summer Session 2, we are also looking forward to our fall program.
We have just listed our fall classes for the Wenatchee area, and we’ll be listing classes for our Yakima and Toppenish locations shortly. Unless noted, all classes meet twice a week.
The program fee for Target, Player, and Par level participants is $75 for the entire session. The fee for Bridie and Eagle level players is $150 for the first session in a calendar year, $75 for every additional session, and includes a Junior Season Pass for Suntides Golf Course.
SCHOLARSHIPS are available! We do not want anyone to miss out on this great program due to inability to pay.
To view the dates and times of Summer programs, please view:
Instructions for Registration:
Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (5 and 6 year olds) – Introduce your little one to the game in a low stress, high fun atmosphere using over sized equipment and belco targets.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.